Review two years of accomplishments in our 2014 & 2015 Annual Report!
Friday, May 06, 2016
Posted by: Caitlin Sarro
ICA’s work in 2014 and 2015 gave shape and form to the vision and momentum from our 50th anniversary in 2012. The past two years showed ICA’s capacity to appreciate and learn from the wisdom of our past while working on behalf of the future. We transitioned our leadership and made a significant mark on our history that will be visible for a long time to come. In these years we accomplished a tremendous amount. We are extremely grateful for our supporters, volunteers and cheerleaders, without whom our reach would not have been as wide, and our impact could not have been as significant.
Some of the highlights from 2014 & 2015 are that we:
· Installed 485 solar panels on ICA’s building, making it the second largest solar installation in the City of Chicago, and engaged over 30 Uptown organizations in our solar launch event.
· Rebranded the ICA GreenRise, where we facilitated 11 events around sustainability and engaged over 326 attendees from Uptown and surrounding neighborhoods
· Hosted and facilitated a week-long East African Regional Conference, which drew over 20 colleagues from around the globe, and helped launch the new ICAI website.
· Trained over 95 students in environmental justice and ICA methods.
· Engaged 200 core and ally members representing 174 organizations in the Chicago Sustainability Leaders Network (CSLN) and hosted 49 events with over 800 participants.
· Celebrated the largest Archives Sojourn to date where 50+ colleagues participated, both virtually and at the Archives headquarters in Chicago, in September of 2015.
· 130 licensed trainers from the ToP Network delivered over 300 facilitation courses, training over 4,000 people across the nation.
We would like to thank all those who have shared in our commitment to create a just and equitable society, and we look forward to continuing to work together for positive social change, so we may all live in harmony with planet earth.
Read our 2014 & 2015 Annual Report here!